Friday, August 13, 2010

Last Day in Italy

Well this is my last full day here in Italy. Plan to leave about 7 tomorrow morning for Rome. My flight out isn't until the middle of the afternoon, but I want to make sure that I'm there in plenty of time. Plane gets to New York just after 6 in the evening and then to Stephen and Diane's for the evening and in the morning to Penn Station to catch the train to Montpelier. My last day here I went into town to have coffee and a chocolate pastry and to visit the market. Then I drove over to Rocca di Massa, a town about 20 miles away that is where the nearest ski area is. It's very beautiful there and a very active town with lots of tourists there. It's kind of like Stowe like that, even has Swiss chalet like houses. On the way there I passed through a high flat little valley that has a lake out in the middle of it caused by a meteor hitting the earth. Pretty cool. I'm going to make lunch and then start packing up stuff. After dinner I'll turn off the fridge,the gas and the water and drain the pipes. In the morning then I just need to close up the house, turn off the electricity and I'm out of here until next year. this week I've been to dinner at a couple from New Zealand, and been over to some Danes house for a couple of beers. when I walk around town I always see people that call to me and wave. It's very friendly here and I get a feeling that people are happy that I've chosen this place to buy my house. I look forward to returning and next time Jeneane comes with me. Goodbye until we meet in Abruzzo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment