Thursday, July 22, 2010


I spoke to Jim today. He now has electricity, the result of finally buying a lantern, and the fridge works as well as every light in the place. He got two mattresses, one for him and one for Gregor and he bought a little gas grill that fits on the little balcony off the kitchen. He was going to cook his own dinner tonight.

He was in Salmona Italy today. It is a town not far from our town. The funny thing is I was painting at Morse Farm on Sunday and I met a man from Salmona. He lives in Boston now, but I got to practice my Italian. He pleasantly corrected every thing I said. Gregor will be arriving on Sunday and then Jim hopes to do some vacation sort of stuff. He hasn't been much in the mood to do a lot of exploring and since even a trip to the gas station is new and exciting why go looking for more adventures? He is keeping a diary and taking pictures so once he is back there will be new pictures of our house. We will be booking reservations for next summer so don't wait too long!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is coming into place- I'll put away my mattress (but bring a flashlight just in case!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a call from Jim too (Thursday afternoon-missed the Wednesday call 'cause my phone was charging)! We are all set and I will meet him at the airport Sunday morning after 10 when my plane is supposed to land. Among ohter things we may paint some ceilings and do some sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Jim!

    This is all so exciting, sounds like you're having a blast camping out in your new home. I bet it will be stunning by the time I get to see it. Love this blog, thanks to both of you for the updates. I feel like I'm there. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete