Friday, July 16, 2010


This is Jim's latest email. As you can see, his Italian has really improved.

Bone jurno, (buongiorno)

Or how ever you spell that. Had a hard time falling to sleep last night, but once I did I slept very well. There's a bell tower just outside my window and they ring the bells every 15 minutes. So it works like this....if it's 10:30, one bell rings 10 times and then a slightly different pitched bell rings 2 times. Then just 15 minutes later it rings 10 more time plus 3. Very nice during the day, but not in the middle of the night. Well,

I'm all packed and ready to take off to move into our new
house. I'll be just camping there until the electricity and gas get turned on. No Internet for me there so I don't know when I can write again. I'm pretty sure we made the right choice, It's so beautiful here.

I am happy to know the bells are near his apt and not our house. It seems like people don't need to know the time so often, but it has probably been going on for centuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment