Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30

Thursday June 30
As of this evening we will have been here one week. Gregor and Josafin left today for their 3 or 4 day journey back to Sweden. A hugh thunder storm rolled over the mountains totally obscuring them from view. With no warning water poured out of the sky. Each drop a mammoth tear. Then there was a strange noise from the valley below us; hail, hitting the metal and tile roofs. The lightening hit the top of the mountains and the thunder reverberated in our enclosed terrace. The hail popped up about eight feet from our metal roof over the kitchen terrace up above our heads. It was marble sized and bigger. From the way people ran out to collect pieces, I think this is a rare event. I am posting the pastel, “Storm clouds over Gagliano Anterno.” Gregor brought me some Winser & Newton fixative. It works so much better than what I have bought in America.

Something to think about for next summer: Casper and Anja, our realtors said that they are having art groups come. The minimum is six people. They would charge 500E for five days double occupancy, breakfast and dinner, a bus from and back to Roma and a one expedition to somewhere besides Gagliano Anterno. Jim would fix a lunch and I would be charging something on top of that for classes. You know me. It would be reasonable. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will save us a date for next summer or early fall. Not everyone would have to be a painter. If we can get six artists, we could have some non-painters or maybe we want to do it and not have classes at all. It is a good deal.

It is about time for me to go get the best caffe latte I ever had and two kinds of chocolate gelato. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment