Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday June 27


A famous Italian artist walking down the streets of Castelvecchio.

The Band out again for another Saint, tieless for some reason, but totally tireless.















Happy Birthday John!!
Here are some scenes from today. I finished my pastel and was willing to smile at it. Many of the locals came to talk to us about what we were doing. Protestations that we did not speak Italian were met with more Italian....louder and faster. I think they like what Jim and I were doing. Jim is using pastel pencils and likes them a lot. They suit his excellent drawing skills.




2 comments:

  1. Believe this or not, I was watching a cooking program today. The woman's husband is a chef and they were on their way to Tuscany for a few weeks. She started talking about hearing the deer barking. That's right. She said that people thought they were dogs, but it's deer, and they sound like dogs! Sounds a little shaggy to me. Maybe when your language skills improve a bit, you could check this out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "dogs" bark like mad all night long. Maybe it is deer.....I don't think my language skills will ever cover this or any other subject.

    ReplyDelete