Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 28 Waiting to Travel

Dinner with the neighbors was very successful. I think it is about the only time she gets to eat a meal that she has not made herself! Jim says that his favorite meal is one he doesn’t make, but I do not think that is why she is so complementary. The onion rings were a big success. He made poached pears for dessert which they had never seen before. We had a lot of Ginesana. They were excited, because they have run out. Our supply runneth over. 
On the walk

Nice church, but no good place to stand and paint.

Small piece of church in the  background!


On Wednesday we went for a 5 km. walk in an effort to get all our steps in. Steps do not really tell the whole story, especially the part about how intense the sun is. After that, I went back to the Commune to talk to the Mayor about how damp our wall is after every rain. It feels like wet laundry. He said this would take time to sort out. I am sure he was happy that I could not really say any more about it. I saw my friend, Vittorio, poke his head our of an office and then hide. Pretty funny. 

Wednesday evening we dropped in on the Great Danes armed with Tuscan wine and goat cheese. (actually, they knew we were coming) We had bread made by each of them. Both equally delicious. Karin had made a dish with thinly sliced beef covered in a sauce of reduced vegetables, sardines, and tuna. I will admit that I was concerned, but it was served cold and was delicious. She also made teremiso which was amazing! Sorry for the lack of pictures. It was a lovely evening under the Abruzzi stars. 

This morning...always amazing!

View

easel



This morning Irish Dude drove me back to Gagliano to paint. I was going to finish the one I had started, but when I looked at it, I did not know why. I like the colors how they are now. Finishing it would really just be to make it more salable. So I started another one. That one I did finish. That may be it for this summer’s pastels. The watercolors are certainly finished! 



While I worked away, Jim and Irish dude had multiple cups of coffee in multiple towns while staying away during the house cleaning of his house. Fred, the dog, hates the vacuum. 

This afternoon the clouds have built up and their is thunder in the distance. It rained for about three minutes yesterday afternoon and then did not cool down at all. Hardly worth all the drama and buildup. 

Tomorrow we are leaving for Nardo!

No comments:

Post a Comment