Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17, 2016 Return to Italy!!

Yes!! We are back and we are so happy to be here.  My mouth hurts from smiling and we have spoken to so many people who all seem glad to see us.

Our trip went really well considering all the modes of transportation. Car, bus, bus, airplane, bus, bus, and car. It had a certain symmetry. We arrived here about 8pm last night and immediately went for pizza. Luckily there is a new little pizza place downtown that is open till 9pm. It was delicious! The best pizza we have had in 10 months.

This morning was market day. The market was very small, but we still managed to buy food and plants from 5 vendors.

 Although small, the delicious smells and colors were still the same.

And of course we bought almost more than we could carry. Three flowers, basil plant, pizza, chicken, and it is apricot season!! We bought way more than we could eat and it was hard to resist buying even more.
















Market Swag

I am so excited that I have a distressing need to use lots of !!!! Anyone that got an email from me today will see!!!


 We got up too late for first breakfast so we went straight to second breakfast. Awesome!!

 While waiting for the small shopkeeper, who had left her store wide open and gone to get a caffe, I ducked into the convento for a look. Che bella! Those of you that see me daily know that I was very anxious about coming to Italy, as always, but now I am so happy to be here. The light and heat are so intense! I had forgotten about being always dying of thirst and the need to wear sunglasses. I have had several complex conversations in Italian today, but luckily we all talk "facebook" and "instagram". Oh brave new (old?) world.

No comments:

Post a Comment