Sunday, June 19, 2016

June 19 What a Day!

Off to a late start again, we were scolded at the piazza for being up so late and not doing any work. Ah well, the problems of knowing a little Italian. My usual answer this week: “Domani”. 


The usual crowd.

Not working.

 After two coffees at the internet cafe we took a little walk scouting new places to paint. With the church bell tower uncovered there are many new possibilities. We spent a while looking for the best view and found a couple.




We do not know what this memorial is about. We haven't been up here in a couple of years, but it is beautiful.

I had seen pictures from this spot, but I did not know where it was. Today we discovered it. I started the drawing at home and I will paint here tomorrow morning.



 This is a tiny church that has been restored by the citizens with a new walkway that is fit for more than goats. I have always wanted to paint it, but was afraid I would slip to the road below. Now I can stand inside the railing and not worry. I also started a drawing of this at home that I can paint on location.

It is Sunday and so it is motorcycle day.



This is a picture of our very own “Flatiron Building” in the middle of the street. I will NOT be able to paint here.


When we got home Bjarne and Bella were just walking out the door to go to his garden. He has done an impressive job. We had some of his new potatoes for dinner last night! Molto Bueno!



It rained until about 5:30 when we ventured out to see our friends Ermilinda and Vittorio and their son Jonathan. It was our first unannounced social call. After drinking some homemade liquor, Vittorio took us in his car to see his 13 chickens and small guard dog. We continued on some backroads until we turned toward the piazza where I am drinking white wine at the Commune's internet cafe. What a sweet life it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment