Friday, August 2, 2013

How one day can be a week

First: get up and have first and second breakfast at home
Second: Get a ride from Ralph to Gagliano
Third: wait about one hour for the procession to start
Waiting

Forth: walk from Gagliano to Castelvecchio


On the walk. Beautiful as you can see. We made a stop at this little church. We could not go in, and I do not know why we stopped. I suspect photo op. The American flag is carried by college students from Detroit. Next is the European Union flag and the Italian flag. Luckily most people wore hats and had water so I fit right in, sort of.




Fifth: Go to Mass. Sorry, but I could not figure out how to upload the video. The music was beautiful.

Sixth: Go home, eat lunch and take a little nap.

Seventh: Meet Bjarne at 4:30 and take painting up to the piazza for art show. Get there early and have to be told to slow down.

 It all worked out fine. We took a lot of extra stuff, like wire, wire cutters, fun tack and double sided tape. Bjarne took what they told him: nails and a hammer, but we could not use those at all.


It was windy at the start and a little nerve wracking. Jim posing looking serene and confident.



Bjarne's work that he did this winter on his own after a one week class with me. People loved figuring out where places were.

Hey, it is my blog so I get to have the biggest picture.

It was all good till they told us we had to stay till midnight.








Artists milling around a lone.

Eighth: go home and eat a little dinner. Come back.

Ninth: A man from Rome took me to hear the choir practice. It was completely amazing and in a building I had always wondered about.







This was the most amazing rendition of "kumbyya" that I have ever heard and I have heard that dirge a lot. (I have sung it to)








Tenth: come back and sit for two more hours.



 Dramatic lightening on the Church of San Francesco.









An unfortunate choice of color.
















Eleventh: take paintings home and go to bed. When I mentioned to Jim this was the same day I walked from Gagliano he could not believe it.

Somewhere in there I finished these two paintings.




Portrait of Victoio requested by him. Done in mono-tone watercolor.



















5 x 5 Cedar Wax Wing done in Watercolor.



And that is how a day can last a week and why I am going to take a nap right now at 10:40 after going to market and writing this blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment