Sunday, August 18, 2013

Post Italy

Ok, I know I said good by for the summer all poignant and tearful, but hey, life goes on. (did you catch all the song titles?)

Our trip home went as good as it could. In Dublin we actually went through U.S. customs so there was no waiting in NYC. Last year it took two hours in NY. This was much better, although it was creepy when they showed us pictures taken of our luggage in Rome and asked if it was ours. No doubt he looked at pictures taken of us to be sure we were we.

Just a note for you gals: get a non-underwire bra unless you wanted to be body searched, in public, at the airport. Every woman I saw got searched. That was one happy dude, no really it was a woman who did it.

We made all our flights, found our friends house, and caught the mega bus. We were first in line and got to sit in the panorama seats. The dog is good, the house is good, the garden is wild and unrestrained.

But, I want to talk about how we were able to ease back into American culture by staying with our friend, and maybe yours, Fran Solin. I did not take any pictures of Fran, but I took pictures of her chandelier and her bathroom and I think you will see why. She lives in what was an old Italian neighborhood. At her front door I was amazed at how Italian it looked.

This could be in any home in Italy

Fran's bathroom

Our bathroom, prior to cleaning.
Note the roses painted on the tiles. I am pretty sure each was hand painted on top of the glaze.

Now you have seen the only pictures I deemed worthy to take on the whole, entire trip from CVS to Northfield, VT. 

I think I will do one last post of my garden so don't give up yet.
ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment