Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Fire in Sulmona, August 22, 2017

I have to start with the fire, because it is such a disaster.

These are the pictures I took yesterday from Goriano Scioli.

This is the fire yesterday afternoon.

View of fire from Sulmona. A place we have been many times.  I did not take this photo.

View of fire last night from the same place I took my photo. I did not take this one. 

And on to happier things. Yesterday we went to our favorite beach for the last time this year. It was beautiful. The water was way to rough to go in, but it was great to sit and watch.


Not many Italians were willing to come out on such a cold day. 

We camped under a bridge so we did not need our umbrellas.



The grape harvest has started early, because of the weather. It is supposed to be less, but excellent wine.


We had some Danes over for drinks and snacks the other night. Our terrace looks pretty nice in the dark.


Last night we had dinner with our Italian and Danish friends. Usually the TV is on during dinner.
It was fun and delicious!

As I write I can hear the fire fighting helicopters and airplanes flying over to drop water on the fire.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks extinguisher

    ReplyDelete