Tuesday, August 8, 2017

New Balcony August 7

Monday August 7

Our balcony is finished and it looks great. For a minute we thought about having the terrace tiled so it would be really pretty, but then we thought about all the other things we could do with 1000E and we decided to just not look down. We can also not look up above the line where I stopped painting. Once again our worker guys were here at 7:30. Today’s jobs were to take off the wooden form they made, put the metal louvered windows back on and drill a hole in the tile for the pin that holds the windows shut. One hour and they were finished. 

Railing is back

Clean up

Jim helps.


I went off to work on my oil painting up in the earthquake zone. I just cannot seem to finish it. I believe it is because I told some big lies in the beginning and I am having trouble getting everything consistent. So probably one more day. 

Day 4 - oils

Day 2 - oils



We spent a little time at Terrace Beach and even had lunch there. Ahhhh…no sand! After a nap I went to work on my painting of Castel di Ieri in the studio and Jim went back to the beach. Sadly, the sky is no longer blue. It looks like pictures of LA with smog hanging over the mountains, but it is just sand from Africa and the air burning up. 

Tonight at 9:30 (or so) there is traditional folk music. I love that stuff so I will be there till the end. 


Singing their hearts out!
Concertina play rocks on!
The music was terrific. Now I can actually recognize some of the songs. A older guy played concertina like you couldn’t believe. He went so fast for so long. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment