Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Secinaro

It was wicked hot again today, but I managed to get out in the morning by going with Jim and Noel to their coffee place in Secinaro. Secinaro is the highest town in our valley right at the foot of the Sirentes. We looked at a house to buy there, but decided it was too cold. That was not a problem today. I have only looked around Secinaro one time and that was with Lise Markus. A woman made the sign of the cross or the devil or something to ward us away and I never went back until today. Possibly that woman is dead now, because it was completely charming. Here are some random pictures.

Sandy haze from the Sahara

Cool sheaf of wheat over the door

I want to paint this

Fine metal work birds

Looking up to the church at the top of Secinaro.


The sign advertises this a place to buy olive oil. Watch your step.

I did a watercolor of this this morning.

Typical views from Secinaro

Minion?

Evocative gate.

Narrow and windy streets with lots of stairs.






I worked on my oil painting of Castel di Ieri this afternoon and hope it is finished, because I am getting bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment