Saturday, July 11, 2015

Friday July 11

After first breakfast of a peach we headed back to the piazza in the cool of the morning for coffee and pastry! We saw a few people we had not seen yesterday including our coffee guy, Salvadore. 


Only a few days ago the bells were restored to their place in the bell tower of San Francesco. It is a beautiful sight and walking home from the grocery store (second trip) I really wished I had my camera to take some pictures of more scaffolding coming down. By now the sun was getting kind of intense. It has been very hot here and no rain for almost 2 months. At 82 F, yesterday was a cool day. I did go get my camera and had a lot of fun with my zoom. I wish my camera wasn’t so big, but I do love to be able to see what is going on up close. OK I did take about 20 pictures of the steeple and the guys working, but here are only a couple. 









Since I had my camera I decided to walk around and look for shady places to paint. Here are my photo observations. 

There used to be a wire fence here, but I think I must have gone through it too many times. 

A really long shot from the top of the town. It is so dry that farmers have to constantly haul water.

Most earthquake damage remains unchanged.


Small things


Should have learned to read Roman numberals.



Note the 1/2 cow skull.


I do not know what this is.


And always the beautiful Sirentes with Gagliano Aterno at their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment