Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday July 18, 2015

I was re-reading my blog from other years and I was so funny. Ok what happened to that sarcastic, slightly stupid, chick flick style of writing. I was the Sophie Kinsella of the Italian blog world. Now I am older and more mature and my writing has taken on some to the traits of memoir: boring. If I never have to read another memoir I will be happy. Why do I care about someone who was born on the wrong side of the tracks, had a leg amputated, who’s mother was a witch and never knew his father and plus, his dog is blind and now he is the ruler of the free world and just look where gumption can get you. No, I am just a happy camper who had great parents, a great husband, great children, great friends, and now is having a great time in Italy. The title of this book, “Great!”, of course with lots of explanation marks scattered through out the text. Wow! Terrific! Perfecto! There should be some words in CAPITALS as well. 

So I did get out painting this morning and it was GREAT! I finished my TWO pastels. One is looking down Rue Marcello and the other is Rue San Giorgio. Do not ask why it is the  French; Rue, and not the Italian; Via. The French or was it the Spanish or possibly both invaded Italy and made it all the way to Naples where they died of the plague; an excellent military strategy for the Italians. So they came to Castelvecchio and named two streets thus assuring their place in the history of CVS.






















I have taken a picture of my paintings pre-railings and post railings and you can decide which is BETTER! I have taken some liberties with the scenes both on purpose and by ACCIDENT! On the second one I did not have such a great composition and I had to do quite a bit of lying to make up for it. This is not the best PLAN! 























I also took a picture of a scene I have wanted to paint for FIVE (!) years. I have never seen it without a car parked in front of it. Usually a two door, extended cab truck. Now even if I never see it again, sans car, maybe I will be able to paint it with the aid of the photo.




On the way home you will probably never guess what a friend gave me. Yes that’s right, the reason people lock their car doors in Vermont in the summer: ZUCCHINI! We have quite a lot of zucchini now, but it would be so rude not to take it and impossible for me to explain why I was not taking it. Ah well. Everything is better with zucchini on it. 

Today's sponsor for this blog is Bar Komodo. We are using their internet instead of stealing it from our friends. We love to steal from our friends, because sometimes they invite us in to see them, but it is cool in here and there is gelato. Our friends will have to up their game. (you know who you are)

5 comments:

  1. Great reading about your adventures and the pastels are wonderful🎨

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eagerly await yr blog every day. Your paintings are breathtaking....u must sell me one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eagerly await yr blog every day. Your paintings are breathtaking....u must sell me one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! (Exclamation). I like the railings.

    ReplyDelete