Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 21, 2015

My camera is not really working for me. It is too big to carry around and I feel like a tourist. I probably need an i-phone. Right? discrete, small, also a phone and gps. Yeah, I think I need one. So the end result is that I did not take my camera with me this morning and so missed lots of good shots of the market, cats, dogs, and shoes. Suddenly shoes are back! Maybe they come from Rome. I had an honest to god conversation today that extended beyond the weather. I spoke to a woman who is also here on vacation and we discussed if my parents came from here and how I ended up here, how long each of us was staying. Ok the last couple of sentences I did not get, but I felt it was great to get beyond good day and it’s hot. It is hot. There was about five minutes of rain after dramatic lightening in the distance and now it is hot and humid. I also have a lot of bug bites. That last rain resulted in a drastic increase in biting bugs. 



View of little road

In the shade by the stream bed



After market I hauled myself and my stuff down Via Sotto Castelo to finish the pastel I started yesterday. After I had sprayed the heck out of it so I would have to go back I wondered,  “why did I do that?” I finished it up or it finished me up and then I felt that I really should do some more work, but it was too hot to change spots. Instead, I did what was in front of me. The little road. That was fine. It is about time that I practice some pictures that don’t have buildings. Green is, after all, green. And I did not have enough. I haven’t used a lot of green here, but I did bring some with me and I guess it is time to get it out of the box. 

version 1

version 2




finito


The threat of rain kept us from going to town to get on the internet. I thought about that cold glass of white wine all afternoon, but to no avail. I could have opened the fridge, but it isn’t the same. It is too hot for gelato. Our next granita will be blood orange. Yummmm.


I am now reading Elena Ferrante’s third book, “Those that leave and those that stay.” Her first book is, “My brilliant friend” and the second is, “The story of a new name”. I cannot get enough of these books and cannot put them down, BUT I am getting really tired of the drama. Nothing good ever happens and if it does it is an illusion. The story is completely compelling and I just can’t wait to see what awful thing happens next! Still I would recommend them, maybe not back to back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment