Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday July 26


It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining, it is breezy and it is not so hot. So far today I have only been glowing not sweating like a draft horse at a tractor pull. After breakfasts we went to a spot behind the Caribineri station where we have painted before. It has shade and benches. Here are my efforts so far. 



Jim went out and started a picture as well, but he never showed it to me and I forgot to ask. It is his second picture of the summer. However I did take a picture of him standing around. 


These are the temporary homes for people displaced by the earthquake in 2009. As you see they are still occupied by at least some people. I do believe they are nicer than FEMA trailers.


Notice the rocks all around the edge of this roof to hold the tiles down in a wind. It seems like this would not work, but it is ubiquitous. 



A children's playground that opened last year provides a nice study in contrasts.


And that's it for today so far. We had pizza for lunch, took a nap and are now interneting at Bjorne and Karin's house. The plants are fine by the way. It rained a lot yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment