Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 25, 2006

Six years ago Annie died. Six years. Every time I look at her picture I say, “this is not possible”, but all the evidence says it is. She has not come by for a visit, there are no new pictures of her. She did not show up at Jessie’s graduation. Last night I was at a party in a castle and I was thinking how much fun we would have had with a flashlight exploring all the dark rooms. Would we find the princess or the evil king? I think about her walking up to the piazza for gelato. I don’t think she would walk up there with out some incentive. On concert nights with lights and smoke I sometimes think I see her dancing near the stage. But the smoke clears and she has disappeared. I wonder if anyone here has ever seen a person with Down syndrome. But still I think she would have been a star. When she took Spanish in 7th grade she used to answer the phone, “grazis”. I wish I could hear her say boun griono, but I never will. Never. Never. Never. What a word that is. The more you say it, the longer it gets.

On the day Annie was born

Having fun in Johnson.

First home in Montpelier.

Having a great time with my dad. I miss him too.

Beloved sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment