Monday, August 6, 2012

No more complaining about the heat.

When it is too hot to write the blog, you know it is too hot. I spent all the cool part of today and yesterday painting and after that hardly left the house. All my upcoming events have stressed me out. The good news is that now I can recognize stress. Before it was my state of being. This is progress for me. I do not like how I am feeling. I made a time table of all the stuff that is going on and then I felt better. I saw that I did have some time to take care of painting before all my upcoming events.

I probably should not have agreed to the church thing, but how could we say no? It would have insulted the mayor and we do not want to do that. For one thing he is a really nice guy. It would not only have insulted him, but the entire town. So that is Friday night. We have been able to borrow a tie for Jim and my Danish friend has a white thing with sleeves that I can wear over my sleeveless dress. We will still be going with jeans and tennis shoes for Jim.
Finished!
The next three day after that are our art show in CVS. We tried to check out the venue today, but it was closed. I think that it will just be what it is. The day after that is the show in Gagliano, but I am not responsible for that. I think I will be there doing some painting myself, but only if I want to.

Through no fault, except Italian bureaucracy, I have lost my driver for my class. That really flipped me out, because I had felt so in control. The power of illusion once again. Now I have made a schedule that will work for me without a car. I have a bus ticket and will try to get to Gagliano this Wednesday. If that doesn’t work, well it will all be fine. The person running the class called me and she was reassuring. We will take it one day at a time. Italy was starting to feel a little too much like Vermont, where I am constantly trying to figure things out and make a buck.

Started today by Victorio's house.

Also started today.

And then of course there are the festivals of the Saints. St. Rocco on the 16th. I don’t know what he is up to and St. Agatha on the 20th. I promised to tell you more about her later. Well, she was martyred by having her breasts cut off. Now she carries them around on a plate. On her special day, someone makes special bread that looks like breasts. This bread is dipped in the fountain by our house and eaten. Other events that St. Agatha would have enjoyed ensue in the fountain area. Rock music, dancing, that sort of thing. 

There are so many “foreigners” in town. There are giant cars, men in shorts, women with lots of jewelry and that fashionable “I am from out of town” look. Jim met a bunch of Canadians today. It is homecoming and, I suspect, show the relatives that stayed down on the farm how cool you are month.

I wish I was cool. It is about 40 degrees today, the sky is burned white and a blast furnace wind is blowing and we are going to a party at the Gallery in Gagliano. It will be a Danish extravagances with lots of great food. Do you know I am 1/4 Danish? Yes, it is true. Jim can at least understand Danish. I understand how to eat Danish food. Not being able to talk will leave me plenty of time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment