Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Long Walk



We only got first breakfast today, because we were walking over to Castel di Irie with Karin and Bjarne to the local, farmers or crafts people market. It is still not tourist season here so it was a little disappointing. One woman had made croqueted earrings that were very pretty. From there we took a different road back from CdI to see if there were any good places to do long landscapes. It was a long walk and there was no where in the shade that you could actually see anything worth painting. Eventually we made it back to the parking area for the catacombs. There was bench in the shade and a good view of Castelvecchio. Jim did his drawing and I got one layer of color on and sprayed it. We will go back earlier in the day tomorrow.



This morning: Pastelmatt paper

Jim is getting pizza ready for lunch and, although I swore I would not, I think I am going to have to take a nap. We have a painting to work on later in the day.

Lunch plus Watermelon

Yesterday afternoon and this afternoon.



Jim's finished piece


My finished pastel done on Richeson Paper

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! I'm sorry we haven't had a chance to talk. I do have your number in my phone now so call any time! xoxoxo I've been reading the blog every day!

    ReplyDelete