Monday, June 30, 2014

All in a Days Work

The day started with a terrific wind and rain storm. This was about two a.m. It had cleared when I got up at 6:30 and took Bella out for a walk. By the time we were back on the terrace the ominous factor had increased, thunder sounded in the distance and Bella was under the downstairs bed. We watched the light sweep over the mountains...constantly shrinking as the clouds built up. Suddenly the mountains were gone swept away by a torrent of rain. The rain moved toward us across the valley obliterating all in its path until we were pounded by the rain. It rolled over us and was gone. The sun came out and it would be a painting day after all.

This mornings work:


My painting spot.







Facing the opposite direction this is what I saw. All of Castelvecchio laid out below me.













 I finished the top painting quickly as I have been working on it already two days. I meant to have the flowers in my next painting, but something happened and I don't.












Jim's finished watercolor/pastel pencil of the church. I worry that the paper is not good enough.


 Painting is hard work. Even Bello is tired.
Random picture of how the kitchen looks now. Another attempt to make you jealous. It is adorable, right? Many of the old things were in the cave or found in the earthquake zone or bought from local artisans. See who's picture is on the calendar to the right?

No comments:

Post a Comment