Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Meeting

I am wondering how I ever found time to paint here. If i didn’t take so many naps and if I wasn’t so lazy I would get more done. I can’t even blame it on TV.



Last night at 9pm we had a meeting with the choir from CVS and our friend Pasquale. They are planning a trip to NYC, Boston and Vermont. They want to stay in people’s homes, not hotels. They want to come this December. Yikes. Any and all advice or suggestions would be welcome. We talked till 10:30 and then the choir members still had business to take care of. I showed them the watercolors of people that I had done in CVS. They were pretty excited and knew who everyone was. People are going to send me photos so I can put together a collection of 200 portraits. That is my plan. But that was not all. Next Pasquale called the family of Angela and we went over there to give them my watercolor. It was horrifically sad. We had to come home and drink lemoncello and eat chocolate. That sounds like a joke, but I assure you it is not.

This morning is beautiful. The sky started out completely clear, but now the clouds are forming over the mountains casting swiftly changing shadows. Somewhere some kids and a dad are playing basket ball and a swarm of bees just flew by. The swallows are making forays back and forth to catch mosquitos and feed their babies on our outside terrace  wall. There are sounds of the neighbors cleaning. How it is almost noon I do not know.

We have to eat fruit all the time. We went over board at the market and have 2 quarts of strawberries, 1/2 kilo of cherries and another of grapes, watermelon and cantaloupe. We ate so much fruit, we didn’t get out of the house till after 9:00.

Then it was time for second breakfast and a trip to the grocery store. The piazza has had some barricades installed to keep cars out and make it safer to drink coffee. In some ways this has only increased the danger with cars backing out of the piazza into the most dangerous intersection ever. I cannot believe anyone would ever pull into that space, but they do and they go up and down the one way street. Non-stop entertainment.

Things you do not see in our meat department and things that also see you.


         Tons of pasta.
Litari del vino
Interesting woman I saw at the grocery store

Vegetable man parked in worst place ever.

Driving away

My garden

Maria and me shelling peas

Our house!!

Danes on the way to our house for strawberry shortcake. The Italian flags are for the world cup.

                          

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the blog is back!

    I had forgotten all about second breakfast, love the idea, but somehow I don't think it would be in the same in New York, but I might try it anyway.

    It's only been a few days and it seems like you've picked up right where you left off...and it sounds like it will be a great summer. Eat up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That same while car is parked in front in the Google StreetView image from 2011!
    Not many birds eat flying mosquitoes (according to Anders our ornithologist) so I have certain doubts that your swallows are feeding on THAT species of flying insect...
    Good luck in the FIFA championships! We have not seen more than a minute or two so far. Do they have a big screen in the piazza?

    ReplyDelete