Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Walking the Dog

I hate it when I don't have time to write this before I post. Why are you so busy you may wonder? Well there seem to be lots of naps to take.  We have a small, but demanding house guest: Bella the dog. The Swedes will be here in a hour and we will be dominated by Scandinavians.
it is not that much fun to have a dog in Italy. Walking a dog involves being barked at by fierce dogs and worrying about wild boars. "Take Bella, not me".

 Bella has a mind of her own and for one so small has lots of determination. Here she is at the end of her leash at the bottom of the stairs on our way out this morning. The good thing is haven't been out this early in a long time and it is beautiful
 First we head up the Via Sotto Castello. Lots of truffle dogs chained up along here. They go wild with barking. If they were to get out things could come to a bad end. 
The kind of dog Bella is was bred to kill rats at farms so she likes to get into and under things.
 She got so stuck in the weeds by burrowing in that I had to grab her by the tail. She was an excellent example of how seeds travel on the backs of animals. My socks were a good example as well.
We are walking in some of the most ruined and deserted parts of the town. These buildings used to be barns.




















T-shirts are not going to be a problem after all. I have already seen someone wearing one that I posted a few days ago.  Good to see they followed my fashion sense.

 Peaches and apricots at market.
We spent more money at market today than we ever had. Probably 50E. We could barely make it home. Josefin and Gregor should be here any minute and I hope they are hungry. We had a big scare because I could not get on the internet this morning, but as you see we are back! We paid all our taxes through next June and our trash bill. Already the plan is in motion to return June 2015. The taxes for a year were about what we pay in a month in Vermont. It was a big money spending day.

No comments:

Post a Comment