Friday, July 18, 2014

Shoes and t-shirts

To all of you that have posted on my blog: Thank you very much. I just figured out how to read them today.

Yesterday I went with a friend to Roseta delgi Abruzzo. It is north of Pescara. We were going because of a 1/2 price shoe sale. I was confident there were shoes less that 90 km. away, but it turns out my friend had ordered them over the phone and that was why we were going so far. First we took a bus to Pratola Peligna. That only took about 20 minutes, but it was 1 hour and 20 minutes till the train arrived. This was something I knew, but my friend had not considered. It didn’t seem like that much time because it is quite a walk to the train station. Why the buses do not stop at the stations in each town is just another mystery I have yet to solve. The train was great. It was clean, fast and not bumpy. It was also not air conditioned. I was so happy I took a water bottle. The only time it was cool was when it was in the tunnel and the air sucked the curtains out and then threw them back in.

In Roseta we had fish for lunch. This was one of my fears about the trip. My friend totally boned my fish for me and took out all the parts one was not supposed to eat. I did not have to eat the eye, although she offered it to me. It was about $20 a piece. That is about the cheapest one can have lunch here. No antipasti or vino just pasta and then secondo, fish. My friend thought the shops would be open all afternoon, but they were not. Lunch lasted till 3pm so it was not too much of a wait for the shops. All the stores on the board walk were opened and they seemed to all be run by Chinese people. I had learned how to say hello in Chinese in pre-school so I was pleased with myself for remembering. 








#1 choice

Me, outside the Comic Zone after looking at shoes.





Finally the shops were open. My friend read every sign to me and talked about how good or bad the prices were. This is a totally richey tourist town. I think one of her pairs of shoes was 200E. There had been no consideration of when the train we would take to leave. I kept asking if we knew, but to no avail. There isn’t much room for others to talk. She used to be a teacher. Just saying, make your own conclusions. There was a problem with the trains so we didn’t miss anything and we did not have to blame ourselves.

We did not arrive in Pratola until after 9pm. Way later than the last bus. My friend had ME call her husband and tell him about the train problem. I am wondering if this is not the first time. Meanwhile Jim and her husband had been making onion rings and dinner. He had to leave to pick us up in Pratola. First he had to take the old car home and get the new car. He was waiting when we arrived. We had to get gas. After hours you put in your money and get a receipt which you put in the gas pump and then you get your gas. The gas pump he had picked was broken so he lost his money until the next day. Luckily I had money, which he paid me back after he returned his good car to its garage and came back with the old car. I am a little more concerned about the 40E I loaned my friend that I am not supposed to tell him about. Will I get it back? Stay tuned. Jim’s dinner was served two hours late. It was still good. Onion rings, french fries, salad and arrostocini. I did not have an agenda for the day so it was all fine, but if I had had something that I wanted to do, I might have been frustrated. It was a little embarrassing in the stores. If you want to know more you can email me. It is quite the sad story.

I did look at shoes and tried one pair on. I could not even take a step in those heels. there were no white shoes, only baize. I was looking at blue shoes. Mostly I was trying to hide. Here are some possibilities.

Today was market day again and there was an abundance of t-shirts.

Live young and be free simplicity

Hey, SP where is this No. 1 Paris Boutique?

No translation according to Google.

Taglia means cut like in a hair cut. In this case I think it means if your clothes are cut small: you are the essence of thin. If your clothes are cut medium then I am fine with a little bit of everything. If you wear large then you know, "I''m in the flesh and I eat all the things listed, meat, fish, desert, whatever


Probably self explanatory. Random words put together. Hopefully I will have something more edifying to post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment