Saturday, July 19, 2014

Portraits and People

I have been doing a lot of work this week. 
Here are some finished results with 
more to come tomorrow.


 



Today was 28c which is 82F which is a pretty handy reference point. In the morning we walked up to Castel di Ieri so Jim could see what has been fixed in town and what is currently under construction. I found this one small thing that I had not noticed before.

The park, which is shady and cool with a fountain, is also an internet hot spot. We took my computer up and it worked! It is slow and it is a hike, but still it is not a bad place to sit.



















On the way back I saw these artichoke flowers.



I bought a pack of different pastel papers to try. It included a piece of white Wallis paper. I had never considered this to be a viable alternative, because usually white paper is very difficult to cover with pastel, but it worked great. White Wallis paper has always been available. It was only the grey that has been out of stock for a year. I have worked on this painting two days now and I believe it works just as well as the grey Wallis paper. Here is my start from yesterday.




At the bottom of this steep set of stairs you maybe able to spot my easel. This stairway provides lots of painting options with shade so we will be here a while.




The road to the piazza has been closed for days because of big trucks like this one that is filled with ruble. The ruble from the second and third floor of a residence slams down a plastic shoot and into the truck. When it is full they take it away and bring it back empty. They were driving it away full just below where I was painting.



Our kitchen has a bit of a new look. We spent 40E (shock) on the piece of wood to fit in the first shelf. Then we took all the crap off the top shelf and hid it and put out our 56 plates. Our accent color is lime green.



Here are some of my friends. The young boys begged me to paint their pictures. I said I would do it. The shortest boy showed me a picture on his iPhone of the painting I did of Victorio last summer. I was pretty impressed. He was really hard to paint. He is so sweet and young. Here they all are yesterday.






And here some of them are today with their paintings.



No comments:

Post a Comment