Sunday, July 27, 2014

Rain

Yesterday it rained some. Poured actually, but today it double plus poured for at least an hour with non-stop thunder. About one hour later we could see a wall of water headed our way from Secenaro perpendicular to the valley and then it rained some more. The streets are very clean and I am wearing my sweatshirt and jeans. It is warmer in Denmark than here. I like it, but the Italians say, "Bruta". That means terrible weather. They will probably be saying they did not have a summer, but I like it fine.

We went painting this morning, even though it looked threatening. We walked in the house minutes before the first downpour. We were really lucky.


This is what I got done today. It is on white, colorfix supertooth board. I never felt any need to spray it in 1.5 - 2 hours. The white covered completely and it was perfect for a landscape. I don't think I would have liked it so much for the buildings here as the spray helps get the texture. I am going to fix the little cat ears at the bottom of the page and I feel like the color right behind them isn't working either.

I have spent the rest of the day doing watercolor portraits. I am getting a little tired of the stress.
I did one of this guy and now he is bringing everyone to me to get their picture taken. I don't know any details about an alleged show, but I sure would like to show them before I give them all away.


Here is Jim painting this morning. I will take a picture of his tomorrow. 


These are some encouraging signs of progress in our town. 


Here they have replaced all the pavers. This was a big hole under the arch that virtually during the earthquake. They are still skrying sand, but I thought it looked imposible to get those pavers back in.
 

In this photo you can see how much is under construction and how much of the tower of San Francesco has been uncovered. They build this amazing scaffolding and then cover it with mesh so no stones or mortar can fall out of it.

I might have forgotten to post the finished picture of this painting or maybe not, but here it is. 

I can't really remember the details, but I think it is the gray Wallis paper that I had from last year.

And last of all for today: the coffee place with Salvatore standing outside. There is no more Ben & Jerry's sign.




No comments:

Post a Comment