Thursday, July 24, 2014

Threat of rain fulfilled

Luckily I went out to paint at 8am and finished one landscape and started another before a few drops of rain sent me scurrying for home. I was quite a distance out in the fields on the road to Gagliano so I did not want to take a chance. For the first time all summer I took some sequential photos and here they are. The other accomplishment of this day was mailing a package to Flaminia's family. It only took two summers to get it done. It turns out 1pm is the perfect time to go to the post office. We were the only ones there. You could tell it had been a long time since anyone had mailed a package. It took two people. We also picked up a catalog of post office merchandise. So fun and two pieces of junk mail!

View

Drawing, if you can't lie about it you might as well be a photographer


First lay-in

Second Lay-in

Brightening things up

Working hard on getting colors correct

Texture and variety added and Finito!

Second pastel before the clouds overran me.

No comments:

Post a Comment