Saturday, July 26, 2014

Daily Life

Its been a weird couple of days. I don’t really know what I have been up to. I blame it all on the book, “The Goldfinch”. I just want to finish it. My recommendation is, do not read it. I don’t care how great everyone says it is. If you have ever thought you were the least bit crazy this book will send you screaming over the edge. So far nothing good has happened. I can only imagine it is about to get worse. I can’t read it at night because it gives me nightmares. “The Goldfinch” by Fabritius is one of my favorite paintings in the world for as long as I can remember. The more you love the painting, the more you will hate the book.




So be warned, it is not a book to take to the beach.

In the meantime I framed a few paintings today and we did get out to paint, even though it was pretty cloudy and I finished my alley way painting and drew in another crazy angled one. I am looking straight up at some buildings I had never seen because I was too busy watching my footing. Maybe we are having a exhibition, maybe not, we are relaxed and not worried.

Finished

started


Our neighbors came for dinner last night. We had been planning this meal all winter and even brought tacos from homw. They liked the Mexican food, especially the salsa. Salvatore cannot say watermelon. He says, "watchmelone". I laughed my head off. When I think of all the Italian words that turn to mush in my mouth it felt good to know that I can actually speak one language.
Our neighbors


Our Danish friends from Gagliano return from their new home in Puglio to visit till the end of August. They are coming over for onion rings. (that is what everyone asks for) We are going with Victorio to Introdaqua on Monday. A town on the road to no where that I have always wanted to see. I don’t know why Victorio is going, but I bummed the chance for James, rhymes with the jamas in pajamas, and me to go with him. It is acutally possible that I or rather we have been there and just didn't know it, but if it is that town it is really beautiful and I am going to take my painting stuff.

August 2 is a day of non-stop religious activities revolving around San Francesco, August 3 is the 100 year anniversary of WW1, starting or ending I am not sure. Italian flags are hung everywhere. August 6 our friend comes to visit. August 7 & 8 is grain events yet to be determined. So things are heating up. It has been a very slow year here entertainment wise. There was only one band at al’Kafhe and when it is supposed to start at 10 and starts at 11 that is pretty late. Jim went, but I had been out painting all day and was too tired. The market has been very small, but maybe that is because the road to Reanno is closed? It will open for a few weeks while the workmen are on holiday.


After many requests, Jim finally did a drawing of the fountain. And now we are going for a walk before it rains again. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment