Wednesday, July 9, 2014

We've got Mail!

After 21 days of Jim trying to peak through the little holes in our mail box, finally I can say those magic words: we’ve got mail. The postal person called up to Jim on the terrace to tell him. Equally exciting as the arrival of mail is who it is from. The world’s great living artist: Janet McKenzie. I am including a couple of images from exhibition announcements that she sent me.

 Spectacular, right? I don't have the announcement part with me right now, but you will be lucky enough to see these in person later this summer or fall.

http://www.janetmckenzie.com/


Some people arrived today that I had never met, and they seem quite nice and easy to get a long with. This is good, because you know how I am. I worked on three pastels today, only about 1.5 hours each. All three might get finished tomorrow depending on the weather.


This is my 6:30 am painting. It was actually cool this morning and I loved it. I only worked about 1.5 hours, but the clouds rolled in and the light wasn't good. Hopefully tomorrow.

The usual look for me. Note the snarl.


My friends talking quietly so they don't disturb me and Jim painting on our 4:00 painting. Sorry forgot to take pictures. When they told me they would talk quietly, I told them that would be difficult. They laughed and laughed.

 This is my MAGNIFICENT easel that I got at a garage sale for $10. I really like it and I don't care if I have to bend down and pick up pastels. It has a little tray for the colors I am using most. I don't know if it is still on the market, but here is the label.




I started this painting two years ago and sprayed it at the end of the day I worked on it. Last summer the street had scaffolding so I could not work on it. I finished it today. It is just amazing how off the drawing is when compared to the photo and I try so hard, but now I am thinking that is ridiculous.

 Jim showing our friends his painting yesterday and him working this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment