Thursday, July 10, 2014

We see the top of the Church for the first time

Yesterday they unwrapped some of the scaffolding and mesh that has covered the bell tower of the church of San Francesco since we moved here. It was an exciting sight as we have never seen the top.



When I went out to paint at 6:30 I saw a rainbow. It was a sign that I should go back inside, but it took two brief rain showers to convince me.


Later we went up to Rocca D Messo and Ovindali with the friends of Jim who are here. They drove down through of all of Italy for two days and will be here for four. It is 66 degrees and quiet chilly. I am not complaining, but we all hope to go to the beach.

 The first thing of interest was a cow who had figured out how to get around the cattle guard and was having some of the greener grass. These cows are really big. She went back inside the fence as I came nearer.

 Next, was a REALLY large cheese at the Ovindali market which consisted of about 6 vendors. It is cold after all.




These are some beautiful small things I saw on doors in Rocca d Messo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment