Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, Post office

Last night's concert included a boy from our town with the same name as the man who used to own our house. There are three or four names that many people share in this town. He was amazing. Do you see how his hand is out of focus? This is because he was playing so fast. I also liked that all he said into the mic was, "good evening". 





Unfortunately the piano player was not so reticent and talked at least as much as he played or the singer sang. He, not surprisingly said much the same thing over and over. I think he and the singer were from Argentina, (here that word means gold). I really just want to hear the music so after a while we left. It was all quite dramatic and the word diva comes to mind. She had a nice mezzo-soprano voice, but some of the songs were at the limit of her range. It must be so hard to be a singer.


This is evidently a serious conversation pre-concert with the mayor, priest and pianist. It would be hard to be major and always have to look intently interested.




Here are some things I am working on. Yes I did it from a photo and even worse it is a photo I enhanced in Elements 13. It is not finished. 



this is my start from this morning. A woman, who gave me a gift in the past, asked me to do her house so what could I do? True confessions. The street goes the other way. I never noticed until I looked at the photo of the street and then Jim's drawing confirmed it. I thought I was over big mistakes like this and it is unfixable. I am not liking this Pastel Premier paper very much. It is too soft. Although that does not explain such a big perspective mistake. My teacher used to say that girl's were not good at perspective. All my life I have tried to prove him wrong. FAIL!!



My favourite portrait so far. I worked on it the least amount of time. Hummm could be a corrolation.



Classic portrait with something wrong with the mouth. All my mouths look like clown mouths. I don't know what to do.  I see one more thing I can try.


Tomorrow Puglia. Nardo is almost to the tip of the heel of Italy. It is about five hours south of here! A big adventure! Puglia is famous for Trulia houses. They are made with no mortar, because houses without mortar were were not taxed. 


For representation use only

No comments:

Post a Comment