Thursday, August 13, 2015

Art Show!!

The art show was a great success. It was held in a beautiful building that used to be a church.  


I think about 50 people came. People I expected did not come and lots of people I did not know came. People loved the portraits and could recognise everyone. They loved walking down the line of portraits naming names. 






Two of my friends

Many people commented on the strong colours and the amount of detail. We were open 6 - 8 and then again from 9 - 11. I did a good job talking Italian. People tended to ask the same questions over and over so that helped. One man picked out a tiny little window on one painting and said it was his his. No more artistic license! Another man said, “Wait, there is a shop in the doorway!” I tried to explain that I thought an antique door would look better in the picture. I have two Italian friends that also speak English and they helped if I needed help with something that was important I understand. 



A few pics so you can see the setting and yes, next year, we will do a better job about everything

Dinner at the new pizza place downtown with Marcia between opening hours

Today we are going to get the paintings at 10 a.m. Guiseppe met us and gave Jim a ride home. I walked around handing out portraits. So far we have one bottle of aperitif made from endangered radishes, an S hook and light bulb, lots of tomatoes and ZUCCHINIand free coffee and pastries. Later we are going to the airport to pick up our friends and then we will start running all over being tourists. We leave one week from today and then the day after we get home I start working. 


It is a beautiful mountain morning. Fresh and cool. So people have fires going in their fireplaces. We can see the smoke rising across the valley. We, however, are wearing t-shirts and shorts. The weather is perfect to us, but the Italians are freezing. 

Grazie Pietro, Armando e Guiseppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment