Monday, August 10, 2015

Trip to Castel di Ieri

This morning started with Valle Subuquno shrouded in fog. There was nothing beyond the trees across the street. Finally after one month there was a morning that it was cool enough to walk to Castel di Ieri. That is a world record for not going up there and we didn’t even take painting stuff. It was just a walk. 


 On the journey we saw the sheep in the fog. By the time we had reached this little church the fog had burned off. Someone has recently built a little path to this church and I am thinking they have plans to restore it. The posts are in for a fence along a trail and just that was a lot of work.






There were new sunflowers to see. 



Galiano Aterno in the distance.
Castelvecchio from Castel di Ieri

The cats alway seem healthier in Castel di Ieri.





There is no way to see everything in a town. Just when one is blabbing on about how they have painted everything worth doing a new vista is revealed. Some of it is because new areas that were damaged by the earthquake have been renewed and some is just not paying attention. 






Urban sunbathers.




I have almost everything ready for my show except that I know nothing about what is going on. Turns out the folk group is playing in L’Aquila that night so many people I know will not be here including the guy in charge of culture. My friend who said he would help is not back from Tunisia. So whatever is what it will be. The paintings may just sit on the floor in the convent with the watercolors  pinned on a rope.  Every day someone else asks me to paint their or their kids portraits. I tell everyone not this summer. Tomorrow a sneak peak at my entire show!

No comments:

Post a Comment