Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Small things

Yes we lost the game to Spain, but we chose not to speak about it. Spain out played Italy. End of story. The piazza was a sad place where a chill wind blew. Italian flags were taken in and shutters closed. 

This is the beginning and this is the end, except the painting looks so dark in the house you can hardly see what is going on so changes may have to be made. 




Spot I was painting at the top of the forbidden zone. Some guys came to work on the electric. They had to unlock a gate to get where I was, but I had climbed up from the other side. I wish I had a hard hat. My earthquake plan for today was to get under the big arch that is still standing.



















Small things I have noticed on my wanderings.

Car abandoned in the earthquake zone in front of the Castel.



Address tile in the earthquake zone.
















Keystone of Grapes.







 Someone's nice door in an abandoned house. I think this is right next to where houses fell off the hilltop.

Door knob on barn door.



One of many Egyptian style door knockers.






Almost full moon over Castelvecchio with Lights of Castel di Ieri in the background.



1 comment:

  1. Egyptian: South of Castel Di Ieri there's an archeological site which portends to be the tomb of an egyptian Pharaoh(!?). Can't find much support on the internet for that claim but it certainly is interesting!

    ReplyDelete