Monday, July 16, 2012

Painting, food, friends

We went out painting early. Sadly I have painted everything I can find by the people who make us coffee everyday. Today they also gave us a waffle like cookie that is a specialty of CVS.

A friend had made them that day. The mayor and his wife came by and were impressed.
















After that, Jim went to the grocery store and I went to draw the church. It is hard to find a spot with shade where I won't get run over and the view is good, but we shall see. Tonight we go to a party. More on that tomorrow.









 Last night's dinner: chicken soup with homemade croutons, salad and watermelon.





Finally I have some good pictures of our neighbors.

Salvatore and Jim drinking Orange Fanta

Enrica and me

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!

    I've been busy at work and then out of town for a few days and I'm just now catching up on the blog. I think I left off way back about July 4th.

    The interesting thing, I have also been into eating ices and sorbets this summer. Something I learned years ago, in a cooking class yet, was just taking frozen fruit and a little water, putting it in the food processor, chopping it up, and voila, instant ice! It is delirious. It also helps to slice up and freeze some bananas and throw some in there, not so much for taste, but more for texture. You can use any kind of frozen fruit, but I would avoid the ones with seeds, like raspberries, the seeds just ruin it. My favorite combination right now is mangoes and peaches.

    But this is probably not as good as your lemon ice. So will Jim share his recipe with all of us. If not, he could e-mail it just to me, I promise not to divulge his secrets, but I'm sure everybody who's been reading along would love the opportunity to taste this!

    Now that I've talked about food, not much left to say.

    It does sound like you're meeting a lot of interesting people, doing good stuff, doing a lot of painting, and except for the heat, just all around having a great summer. So carry on. And I love this blog!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon Ice Recipe
    juice of some lemons
    concentrated lemon juice, some
    water
    sugar
    There you go. He didn't measure anything. When I made the chocolate, which is very good for those of you who love chocolate I used
    one dark chocolate bar chopped
    Coco powder = sugar
    4 or 5 cups of water
    juice of one orange and 1 tbspoon of zest, but I don't love the zest in it. We also just froze a container of blood orange juice which was also great.
    They are the most refreshing thing ever, the chocolate not as much, but more so than gelato!

    ReplyDelete