Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pears, Paolo and perfect weather

Yesterday I did a still life of some pears. It was kind of fun to be doing a still life again. I learned some things about how a still life if different than a landscape. In landscape I mostly create distance with drawing, color and value. In a still life, where all the objects are so close to each other, the way to create depth is with edges. You can read all about it in my book, if it ever gets published. Yes, along with everything else I have been writing and editing everyday. I have taken sequential photos of every pastel I have done and I have written about all of them on the day they were painted.


In the afternoon, Paulo came over to fix the leaks, add electricity on the terrace and to make the bench on our terrace look nice. It was a horrible cement and plaster job by someone who didn’t care. We have ordered an antenna and a router and now we will be able to plug the router in on the terrace. We have the hooks in the wall that used to hold the TV antenna to attach the internet antenna. It is not a joke here to put something on the wall. You need a gi-normous drill and some muscle to get through the stone or brick walls.
Paolo at work

Jim at Paolo school

Beautiful bench

Another view of the bench

New electric box on terrace
Jim out exploring in the cooler weather. All new since earthquake.


This is my view of Castelvecchio from this morning. It is such a beautiful day. It is nice and cool even in the mid-day sun. Temps are going back up to crazy hot for the weekend. Where is our swimming pool???

4 comments:

  1. Wow, nice bench!

    Glad the weather is being more cooperative. You sound happier already.

    xxx,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you can come sit on this bench. Now it has some thin little pillows on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to be a benchwarmer. I want to be in the game!

    ReplyDelete