Friday, August 1, 2014

August 1st and Things are Ramping up


What I can’t paint for you is the woman who I met last summer in Gagliano. She came out to see me yesterday evening when she say me painting in the same spot. Her garden has not one weed and is beautiful and lush. As she hobbled away from me I could see the veins bulging in her legs, her swollen ankles, and the pain that walking causes her.

Gagliano, evening

 This morning while painting I was standing on mint and oregano. The smell was overwhelming. It was so strong in the dry air that I almost felt over come. Walking back in the early morning breeze I could feel the sun on the back of my arms and neck. It was a pleasant combination. As I walked down the hill, Castelvecchio or as we say Castelvec, came into sight. I watched as the town rose up below me and then soared above me as I reached the bottom of the hill.

Two mornings above CVS


After that first breakfast, market, which is huge now as the road to Rianno is open for summer vacation and there are scores of new people who are here for the month, then second breakfast and now interneting. 


Some people at market seem to not only have lost their shirts, but also their torsos




Two more portraits in the, "I will do no more portrait series".
There is an art opening tonight, not mine, more talk about art tomorrow night, not mine, some Italian military group with feathers in there hats marching around town all day Sat. Sulmona Sunday for the medieval parade, dinner at Danes Sunday after. Danish party in Gagliano Monday night, Tuesday night a festive gathering for friends at Griesole Restaurant, yes, they have one here as well.  Wednesday we pick up Audrey and the car in Rome. That starts the average two week vacation that most people would kill for. And then we have to come home.
19 days to make the most of.

Making the most of it

No comments:

Post a Comment