Friday, August 15, 2014

portraints on display

Well let's see. A lot has happened. We went to the beach on Wed. and spent 6 hours. It was perfect. The temp in CVS was 34c so the beach was the place to be.

guy in his umbrella house

Yesterday I finished the last two portraits so we could hand them out last night.




Last night all the portraits were hung in front ot the stage and the mayor called people's names and they came up to get them. Some people were really dressed up so you could tell it was important to them. Many kind words were said to us by the major, it was really embarrassing, but also touching and Pasquale translated for Jim.




Even though this would not be my first choice for how to hang the portraits, if only it was all black, but I was pretty impressed with all I have done and their are 5 more that were not hung. I only had 8 when I arrived here.


Our awesome plaqe making us official friends. Now we will be able to introduce Italy into conversations even sooner.


The happy painters outstanding in their field this morning. It is an amazing view. Happy picnic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment