Monday, August 11, 2014

Nearing the end

I am sorry that my blog has not been more amusing or entertaining this year. I feel I have the Italian life style down now so there is not too much more to say that is funny. I know what a bidet is, although I have still not figured out how to use one for anything except watering plants. I have the correct underwear (two sizes too small) to disguise my real underwear hanging at the back of the drying rack. I bought four items of clothing in the market so that everything I had to wear was not super baggy, just baggy. I can order anything I want at a restaurant by simply pointing. I have not had any disgusting surprises yet. I can get lost, but then be found by asking,
“Dove la strada justa per _______?” Guys in tight pants on bikes are no longer the exciting item they once were and it has been a while since a pair of high heels swept me off my feet. Doing all these portraits has made me beloved or disliked depending on how they turned out. People are constantly asking for my email to send me pictures and I have to do at least three a week all winter. I can now use a fork with my left hand and have learned to leave my napkin on the table.



Corno Grande

Castelli. Earthquake repair has started!!

Done shopping for Magelica pottery in Castelli. This is the wall that they throw pottery over on some special smasing pottery day. We did not throw our purchases over.


Italy is still an amazing place and I wake up everyday to fabulous mountains. It is only the last two days that there have not been clouds up to some extraordinary dance on the mountain tops. I have rejoiced in the Adriatic and at di Gole San Venanzia. I decided to really like my pastels. The colors were so different this year and that made it fun and exciting again. I loved the color less stable weather even if it meant I didn’t get so much painting done and my book is edited as far as I am able to go with it.

Corno Grande

Campo Imperatore

Campo Imperatore

Campo Imperatore with Jim and Audrey

Leaving Campo Imperatore

I have read Russian, Italian and Irish-American history and I am starting to like non-fiction! We have enjoyed the company we have had. As always the time has gone too fast. We have one week left and a car. I am thinking beach everyday with a painting along the way. And a gelato a day.

A woman outstanding in her Campo Imperatore!

No comments:

Post a Comment