Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oggi Pioggia

Today it is raining. Pioggia is a word I did not have to learn last year, because it never happened. People are destitute about the weather. One day of rain, ma no!! They should try Vermont if the reports I hear are correct. My fear is it will quit raining and I will have to do something. Soon I will be crazed because there is nothing for me to do. 



I am working on alternative adventures for Ned and Lise. There are so many choices of places to go and things to see. My guide book was published before the earthquake so some places are no longer a possibility. It is also translated from Italian. I need a job correcting the English after it is Google translated. This book is also prone to hyperbole. One must go with the spirit of adventure and serendipity. Our map of Abruzzo is bigger than our kitchen table. Jim is reviewing it now.








Things seen today on the way to the piazza:

 The usual parking situation in the non-parking area.
 Shirts in the most expensive store in town that you may or may not like.
 A lot of garlic for sale, sorry about the photo, but I still thought you might be interested.


Plants are growing on roofs everywhere. I think this means it has rained a lot this spring. 





Shoes of the day. Note the heals behind and between the two shoes. I saw someone wearing heels at least this high today on the slippery cobblestones, but could not get to my camera fast enough. This are in the same store as the shirts and might look well together. I can take orders if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment