Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer

Summer started today. People are able to go about without sweaters or scarves wrapped over their heads. Perhaps they will be able to take the blankets off their beds. Now that summer is here full blast people may wonder what they were so worried about. Up till now they have visited lakes or the beach, but they have not gone swimming. Too cold! Now the time has come. It is 34 today and will get hotter all through the weekend. Maybe our clothes will dry in less than two days. I am not that excited about being hot. I am excited about Jessie coming. We changed our hotel in Roma to one closer to the airport and by the beach at Fiumicina. I think we will like that better.


Jim making french fries and onion rings. 
 Katie anticipating dinner.
The pastel I did yesterday afternoon. I am discouraged today about my work. These things happen. I am thinking, "isn't it great I have this wonderful hobby? Why did I think I could make money or be a great artist?" I think that maybe one cannot overcome a lack of talent with hard work. Sorry to everyone I lied to about that, but I really thought it was true. (Now is when you say things to make me feel better, but I won't believe you so don't bother) Probably I will feel better tomorrow. I am not going to stop paintings so what difference does it make?

No comments:

Post a Comment