Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wed, July 3, Dinner, Painting and floors

Dinner last night. Unfashionably early.
It is hard to think of much to say about a day which includes going out to paint at about 7am, because we have been awake since 4:30 and the fog looks so great. By the time we got to our spot, there was not fog, but it still looked great. After painting for some time we went to have coffee. Then we came home and took a nap. My first ever morning nap. We slept through the weed whacker across the street, throwing the weed whacker and possibly large stones into a truck, buses, large tractors and motor cycles. It was the dog barking that woke me up. I thought it had been hit by a car, but no, it has been barking ever since. Possibly two hours. I know this dog and I do not like it. I hope it barks itself silly and sleeps tonight.

I hope you all enjoy the fireworks tonight or tomorrow. We will have some sometime, but they will be early in the morning to be sure you don’t miss any part of whatever saint’s day it is.





My paintings so far.


This morning's painting. Not finished. The buildings look silly.

Jim's first oil painting in years.



Great things about the tile, kitchen floor.
First great thing: It does not show dirt. It can be shockingly dirty and you can’t tell. It can be horrifying when you finally do sweep the flour.

Second great thing: When you finally do get around to sweeping, all the tiles are exactly a broom width. It is easy to sweep in rows so you don’t miss a speck of dirt.

Questions about the floor: Can Italians tell how dirty it is? In fact what do the Italians thing in general about our house? All the houses I have been in have three layers of curtains, fancy furniture and numerous gold things. We have glued together old pots and things from the trash. I like ours better.

No comments:

Post a Comment