Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This morning

Yesterday this woman, that I do not know, came out of her house and gave me a catalog for an art show in Pescara last fall. It is written in Italian and pretty poor English. It was so nice of her that I went back and did a picture of her house. She and her husband were so thrilled they had us in for coffee, gave us a huge bag of green plums, and a bottle of his home made wine. Not bad for a days work.

This morning I went to finish one of my pictures and start a new one in the same place, but from a different directions. Strangely we have clouds in the morning. The light was in and out. I finished the firts pastel and did the drawing on the second without light and shadow. I gave up and headed home and all the clouds disappeared. It does not matter I have portraits and birds to do.


 Castel di Irie. Finished from photo.

Watercolor bird, 5 x 5 inches. Done from photo, obviously.


CVS Done from real life. 


Our neighbors door that I will give them as a present. I forgot to take a picture before I framed it.

I took two more photos for portraits. You can really see what a proud people Italians are when they pose. One lady really got after me for not speaking Italian after 4 years. If I knew how I would have told her I have only actually been here 6 months. Instead I will draw a wart on her nose. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment