Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rhythm restored


Happiness


Sadness.....
July 12
Our Castelvecchio rhytem is re-esablished with Tuesday Market. I did a quick cloud study form our terrace this morning. Morning is the only enjoyable time on the terrace these hot days. After that it was time to go to the market. I decided that today was the day to mail some postcards. I had bought stamps at the tobacco store, but I wanted to try the Post Office. It took a very long time. The post office is actually a bank. People pay bills there and have accounts. No one, but me, bought any stamps. I did learn a new word, “mondo” which means flies. I was asked if I was danish or hollandish and tried to explain that Vermont was not in Canada, although maybe that is a good idea.

We had picked out a good spot that looked to stay in the shade. I went there and worked while Jim went to the hardware store and with the use of drawing got everything he needed to hang a clothes line across our terrace. The owner loaned Jim his power drill with a masonry bit. Now are sheets are washed. Hand washed, dripping wet they dried in about 20 minutes and helped keep the terrace cooler. I have met so many people through painting. People are very positive and we exchange the few pleasantries I can manage. After that I say “Si.” Who knows what I have agreed to. I finished painting around one, but am not finished, and then we had pizza from the bakery. It is amazing for 1.40e we each had our own personal pizza that Jim put on the grill with added cheese,basil and his case, sausage. It is an amazing lunch. We are going to try to eat before 9pm. Luckily there were clouds this afternoon so the terrace never got so hot. It will be an amazing place in the winter.

We now see people we know everywhere we go. We have reached the informal “ciao” level with almost everyone as opposed to the formal, “bunoserra or buongorno”. It is hard to say what else we did today. Naps, reading, now Jim is making dinner, then we might what a bit of a dvd on my computer. Tomorrow is supposed to be the last fierce day for heat. It sounds like it is hot almost everywhere.

I am doing a lot more writing than this, but I am saving it to see if I can possibly do an article for an art magazine. Remember that book I started 11 years ago before U32, well it is back or at least about 400o words of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment